We are Ada Support Inc. (“Ada”, "us", "we" or "our"), a Canadian registered company with a registered address at 314-371 Front St. W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our Canadian federal corporation number is 878130-3. We provide conversational Artificial Intelligence ("AI") solutions and support services for customer support 'chatbots' (our "Services"). We also operate the website available at: https://ada.cx/ (the "Website").
For the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”):
- Ada is the Data Controller as a supplier of services, an employer, and where dealing with its suppliers;
- Ada is the Data Processor in respect of Personal Data about End Users of the Services, which it processes on behalf of its Customers, as explained further below. Such End Users should be notified of this processing by the Data Controller in each case.
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted at email@example.com.
Information you provide us
You may give us Personal Data by:
- Using our Service as a Customer of ours. Where you are our Customer or are an employee of our Customer you may provide us with Personal Data. The type of information collected includes your name; company name; business address; email address; phone number; username; password; business tax number and basic site information i.e. URL/Channel/Impression Traffic etc.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or Services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our Website or our Services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.ada.support (our “Website”) such as the contact us form.
- Supplying us with goods or services. Suppliers may provide us with information which may include a contact name; email address; business address; and telephone number.
Information we collect from your use of Ada Support Service
Ada may also collect certain information from visitors to and customers of the Website, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, to administer our Website and in order to constantly improve the quality of the Services. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third-parties.
We receive message logs and usernames when End Users interact with our Customer's support bot. Message logs may contain information such as, without limitation, usernames, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, passwords, payment information and any other content that End Users choose to submit when they make a customer support inquiry. We may retain the content of those messages together with responses to those messages and any outcome from those messages.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags are used by us and our third-party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking End Users' movements around the Website, and gathering demographic information about our End User base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Our third-party partners also employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our Website.
Cookies on the Website
When you interact with the Website we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that web browsers place on a computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. If you click on a link to a third-party Website, such third-party may also transmit cookies to you.
How we use information we collect
We collect the Personal Data described above in order to provide our Services to our Customers and their End Users, to market our products and Services, to improve our Website and to recruit staff.
We will use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To answer your Customer support questions, where you are a Customer or End User of an organization which uses our Services (i.e. our Customer support chatbots), including providing answers on behalf of our Customers with which you communicate using the Services.
- To improve the quality of our Services. Your interactions (i.e. your conversations with our chatbots) are used to determine the effectiveness of our Services and to improve the quality of our Services; Ada utilizes anonymized "End User" interactions to inform and train our machine learning algorithms.
- The legal bases for the processing of your data should be set out in your contract with the Data Controller and details provided in the Data Controller's Privacy Notice.
- To fulfill our obligations arising from our contract with you i.e. to provide you with our Services.
- To set your company up as a customer on our systems.
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you.
- To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive the same.
- To ensure payment of our invoices.
- To administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about services that may interest you or them.
Who we share your information with
We may share your Personal Data with our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers.
When you use the Services to interact with our Customers, the Personal Data you provide through the Services is shared with the specific company you are interacting with.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to third-parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third-party, in which case information held by us about our Customers and their End Users will be one of the transferred assets.
You can find a list of subprocessors with whom your Personal Data is shared at https://www.ada.support/subprocessors, which list may be updated from time to time by Ada as our business needs evolve.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, Canada which is outside the European Economic Area (the "EEA") and for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. The data that we collect from you may also be transferred to, and stored in, United States of America outside the EEA for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. For information about the adequate security safeguards that have been put in place for data based in Canada or the United States of America, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Storage and Data Retention
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted. Generally, this means that Ada will delete Personal Data of End Users once our relationship with the Customer is terminated. If you would like to know further information about our data retention practices, please refer to our Data Retention Policy or contact us at email@example.com.
Your data rights
You have several rights in relation to your Personal Data, which may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions. These rights are to:
- The right to access the Personal Data we hold about you.
- The right to request rectification of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete and have us correct any inaccurate Personal Data about you and complete any Personal Data that is incomplete.
- The right to have us erase any Personal Data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Personal Data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing Personal Data about you such as processing for profiling, automated decision making and direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your Personal Data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that Personal Data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of Personal Data relating to other people.
- The right not to be subjected to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to address a challenge concerning the Personal Data handling policies and practices at Ada.
Where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdraw your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Where Ada is acting as the Data Processor on behalf of a Data Controller (such as our Customer), End Users should contact the Data Controller, i.e. the entity with which End User has a relationship, to exercise these rights.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may also lodge a complaint with your local privacy commissioner or other Supervisory Authority with respect to our processing of your Personal Data. The local Supervisory Authority in each European country can be found here.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Data we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA).
For more details about the Personal Data Ada has collected over the last 12 months, please see the section “Information you provide us” above. We collect this Personal Data for commercial purposes described in the section “Information we collect from your use of Ada Support Service” above. Ada will only share this information when you make a customer support query to another organization, which is a Customer of Ada and which uses our Services to assist their customer support function. Ada does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Data we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Data we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Data), to delete their Personal Data, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Data that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers, vendors, or third-parties can report unethical behaviour confidentially to our team by emailing email@example.com anonymously from a one-time use email address.